Are you looking for a local office for DOT physicals or CDL physicals? Do you need a DOT medical exam? Do you live in the Homer, Georgia area? Choose Homer Family Chiropractor! Our doctor can help you with your DOT physical needs, find out more by visiting us online at www.homerchiropractor.com!
Located in the heart of Homer, GA, Dr. K. Anthony Merati, DC, NRCME is dedicated to helping you achieve your wellness objectives by combining skill and expertise that spans the entire chiropractic wellness spectrum. Dr. Merati is also a member of the American Chiropractic Association.The Homer Family Chiropractor is committed to bringing you back to better health and a better way of life by teaching and practicing the true principles of chiropractic wellness care.
In the interest of public safety, the Department of Transportation (DOT) requires the examining physician to certify that each driver is free of any physical, mental or organic defect that could affect the driver’s ability to safely operation commercial motor vehicle. Each candidate is carefully screened in accordance with DOT standard to assure compliance with physical requirements set forth in the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations.
A D.O.T. physical is to be completed at least every two years if:
- Driving a vehicle of 26,000 + pounds.
- Interstate material transporting
- Driving a bus with a seating capacity of 15 or more passengers.
Each candidate is assessed for all conditions required by the DOT, including:
- Complete history and examination performed by the doctor;
- Urinalysis for specific gravity, glucose, blood, and proteins is performed on exam;
- Vision and hearing activity are tested on each exam;
- Blood pressure, heart rate, heart sounds, and lung sounds are assessed;
- Referrals to appropriate health care providers are made for any deficiency or deviation from DOT standards;
- All findings are communicated to the employer when applicable.
Homer Family Chiropractor uses the LifelocPheonix 6.0BT for alcohol testing for pre-employment, post accident, random testing, or DOT purposes. This method provides accurate test results for any alcohol testing need.We offer DOT, Non DOT, and pre-employment drug screenings through escreen. We will receive the results within 24-48 hours of the visit.
Homer Family Chiropractor has two locations to serve you Our main office is located at:
1253 Historic Homer Highway
Homer, GA 30547
For more information about our services or to set up your DOT physical today, please contact us at 706-677-1010 or visit us online at www.homerchiropractor.com!